Here's the thing. I'm procrastinating with my blog. I killed my last blog even with a lot of followers since I just couldn't keep up. There were some really hard life lessons since 2018 and I gave up. I began this one to connect with others, share tips, awesome sites, blogs and just chatter...and then, I let it sit. 

Sitting down to talk about my current situation isn't easy but I know, I need an outlet. Whether someone even reads this or not, instead of my head being full of rambling cloudy craziness, maybe it should go on paper. 

Maybe I should blog daily about what is happening on the nomad plan. Is it even interesting or worth it? I don't know. I do need an outlet. 

😐 Why in the world would I tell the world my business? I'm trying to make sense of where my life is going, especially at my age (63), and disabilities. Maybe someone else is affected by today's recession (yes, I believe we are in one), and may help them knowing they are not alone. 

I have some craziness coming up. 1. Trying to sell a converted shed I live in and getting someone to move it out of here. 2. First knee replacement (April 19th), that could happen before, during or after the sale. 3. If the house doesn't sell, have to "part" it out and then demolish meaning losing money 4. Living as a nomad with my cat for at least a year. 

For me right now, nomad is being homeless. Oh, I can figure out a way to get into a tiny studio somewhere but on my income, that would mean eating very little to afford the rent, utilities, medical bills, gas, repairs, blah blah blah. 

I've always wanted to do camp hosting but can't without a trailer. Can't get a trailer unless I sell my little house. I can't sell my little house unless someone is willing to take as is and transport out, I can't.....yea, I can go on. 

How did I get to where I am? Bad choices. Bad marriage choices. Bad choice to move onto my daughter's property that was to be forever only to be told they are selling. Bad choice I didn't buy the mini house on wheels and opted (by their recommendation), to put one on skids. Bad choice to believe when I was told a permit was not needed for the buildup of the shed. Bad choice to retire on disability early and not go back to California where I could have continued to be accommodated until normal retirement or when I wanted to. Bad choice in financing a loan last year to pay off a huge medical debt where the payments will keep me from affording to buy a travel trailer until it's paid off. I can go on but you get the picture.

I made a lot of choices I thought were OK at the time. Beating myself up over them isn't productive and only I can get myself out. But how? 

I've been following Cheaprvliving and other nomads finding there are many just like me. Some are just beginning or have been living the life of a nomad and they actually like it and share their tips and must haves. As I read their stories and see interviews that Bob Wells conducts, it gives me hope. 

But here's the thing; my cat hates vehicles. She will poop in her carrier within ten minutes of travel. Cleaning her while living in a truck with a camper shell will be very difficult. I've yet to be able to harness her without her biting or clawing me. She is not a mean cat. She just is anxious and does not like change. 

How do I do this? How do I go into my doctor appointments, surgeries and conduct errands and keep her safe in my vehicle and not cold or hot? Hotels are quick to allow dogs but only shady seem to allow cats. Even some of those won't. 

When I'm not needing a lot of medical attention, I can go to Quartzite in the winter then further north in the summer. Boondocking is cheap and free on BLM land. How long do continue this life? Will I like it so much I keep it? 

All I know is I am scared shiotless. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Connections are Lacking

Chowder Bowl in Newport, Oregon

Under Construction