Making Lists Checking Them a Bazillion Times

 I'm trying to plan my upcoming nomad days and making lists. It started with just a few lists like necessities, but little did I know. that list would expand depending on who you talk to and what they feel is a must. 

I have a huge notebook full of plans. For instance: foods to have. Then that expanded to foods to have if no way to cook but can boil water, no electricity so can't brew coffee, no way to build a fire...you get the picture. 

Then there is the list of survival must. I had maybe 10 absolutes and now, that has grown to 22 and counting. 

Then there is the list of things that are creative such as a large bug sprayer to use as a shower when boondocking. That has grown quite considerably.

I have to remember, starting out will be in my truck with a camper shell. A trailer will come later and allow more room. Sure, I can store things in the shell, but I also have a cat and she will need space back there and be able to climb through the back window in and out and room for her litter box. 

I must figure out what to have for sure to begin with. Where will I go first. Will I stick around Oregon this year or head to Washington for the summer? What the heck am I going to do about knee surgery?

First thing is getting my stuff ready and purchased if not. 

I've sold off most my furniture. My bed and hall tree goes to my son at the end of the month. I'll have a mattress to sleep on for a month or two. Last minute, pack up the stuff not going to need and donate to Teen Challenge. 

To keep, two tubs with items I don't want to toss, a suitcase, travel case, and duffle with a 15-degree sleeping bag and a couple blankets. Add in water and dry goods. 

I got sidetracked but what to keep, I'm checking and revising. I have free camping lists from BLM land to Indian reservations that cost very little. I have how to make money, who offers work and where, what to name myself (yes, that's a thing), and daily, I add a new list. 

On to my next blog, my food list. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Connections are Lacking

Chowder Bowl in Newport, Oregon

Under Construction